Book choice

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Margaret Allen 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Lesley Evans
    Participant

It would be really great if there could be more biographies of sportsmen on the list as boys are always asking for these. I know there may not be a lot of suitable ones but I’m thinking of contacting publishers etc to see if they might think about producing versions of current biographies which would be suitable for younger readers, like the Steven Gerrard one that came out a few years ago. What are your thoughts, folks?

Elaine
    Participant

I totally agree with you. We currently only allow year 10/11 to take biographies out the library due to content but often get year 8/9 boys asking to read them. It would be great if there were more AR biographies.

Mandi Sissons
    Participant

Absolutely!!!
    Our biggest request in the library request postbox is for biographies.

The ‘dream to win series’ is perfect for Middle Year.
    There are 15 books in the series.
    Published by Franklin Watts; they are not very hard-wearing considering the popularity.
    Ours are never on the shelves and are constantly reserved.

Valerie Laycock
    Participant

I too have the “Dream to Win” series which are brilliant and there are also two other series of short biographies. Raintree Freestyle “Star Files”, 14 in the series last time I looked, covering actors, musicians and footballers. The other is Franklin Watts “Graphic Biographies” of influential figures in history.

Margaret Allen

Can I suggest that you all complete a request here. http://ukcustomercentre.renlearn.com/ar/customer/quizsuggestion.aspx
    Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

User Guide: Please download the user guide for instructions on how to join a group and participate in these discussion forums.