Welcome to your Accelerated Reader, Star Reading & myON implementation
Welcome to your Renaissance Literacy implementation!
myON, Star Assessments & Accelerated Reader are fantastic resources for schools. myON is more than just an online library with 70% non-fiction content and offers comprehension tools, audio options and projects. It connects to the Star online reading assessment, which in itself is an online reading assessment for your students which provides access to a huge amount of data about reading levels and skills. It also connects to Accelerated Reader to ensure students are reading the best books for them to understand, and to check whether they have understood them. There are reports across all the products to track and monitor students reading and literacy progress.
If you are new to Renaissance products then watch these videos to learn more!
The standard implementation you have access to consists of two parts:
- Part one is designed to get you up & running and is accessed via five online sessions that focus on setting things up and the three products: myON, Star Reading and Accelerated Reader.
- Part two is for once you have attended the setup sessions and introduced the products to your students. This is 1:1 virtual training session with a Renaissance consultant to discuss how things have gone and enables you to have a conversation about all the initial data you have accumulated to that point. This is done once only but can be split into parts to fit in best with your availability.
Your CLS implementation contains the following:
- Unlimited access to the Introduction and Setup session
- Unlimited access to The myON Student Experience session
- Unlimited access to the Star Assessments session
- Unlimited access to the Accelerated Reader session
- Unlimited access to the myON Teacher Experience session
- Unlimited access to Renaissance Coaching Clinics
- A 1:1 virtual training session with a Renaissance consultant which fits around your availability
- Access to the Renaissance training department at email@example.com
- Key myON, Star and Accelerated Reader resources
The great thing about your implementation is that anyone from your school can join in at any time, as we have multiple sessions running every week which you can find links for below, and attendees can book onto at their leisure. Unlimited access means just that.
Need all your staff to know myON? Have them register when suits them.
Need a refresher on Star Testing? Just book on when you are next available
New to Accelerated Reader? Join a session this week to get you up to speed.
Every session is open to all staff & schools that have access to our Renaissance Literacy implementation, and everyone is encouraged to participate throughout each one. You never know, you may find some new tips being suggested by someone else, or you might suggest an idea that helps another school! Also, everyone will be provided with a recording of the session after attending.
If you are brand new to our products we know that getting started can seem confusing with different things to do, so to help you have a smooth implementation we have put together a simple timeline below to help get you up and running:
Star Early Literacy
If you have our Star Early Literacy (SEL) product then you’ll need to prepare for testing the children differently from Star Reading and Star Maths.
These documents are designed to help support implementing Star Early Literacy in your school:
This will complete your implementation, but remember to save this page and keep access to the session booking links, because unlimited access to the initial sessions will be available for you or any new staff for the first 12 months of your Renaissance products.
For any issues with importing data, or any issues with BookGuide just contact Renaissance Customer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7184 4000
New for 2021: Renaissance Clinics
If you need to ask the Training department about something specific, however, the Renaissance Clinics allow you to book time with one of our Training team in a 1:1 environment. The Clinics are fantastic for asking advice on the products, for advancing your implementation, for analysing your data with some support or just figuring out your next steps after having completed the sessions.
We have launched weekly Clinic time where you will be able to book up to 15 minutes with one of our team. Slots will be limited each week and access to these is unlimited, so keep the link and book, or re-book, as often as you need. Book here.