Back to the Classroom
Our assessment and practice solutions are versatile enough to support learning wherever it happens, but they can really support teaching and learning in a classroom environment.
Star Assessments for reading, maths and early literacy work both individually and in collaboration with Accelerated Reader, Freckle and myON to offer truly personalised instruction and progress monitoring.
- Computer-adaptive: screen an entire class in as little as 20 minutes
- Instant results and detailed reports help you understand where your children are and easily follow the progress of groups and individuals
- Learning Progressions and Focus Skills allow you to focus on the things that matter to help accelerate learning
myON and myON News offer 24/7 online access to digital books and articles, and link to Star Reading and Accelerated Reader to offer a personalised literacy solution for all students.
- Supports whole class reading with over 6,000 enhanced digital books
- Audio narration, annotation tools such as sticky notes and a journal engage readers of all abilities
- myON Projects can promote wider discussion and learning opportunities around texts
Accelerated Reader has been motivating children and young people to read for over 35 years, and links to Star Reading and myON allow personalised reading practice and unique insights into reading attainment and achievement.
- Over 38,000 quizzes on real books with more added every month
- Literacy Skills, Vocabulary Practice and Recorded Voice quizzes and non-fiction articles are also available
- Supports whole class reading and includes useful resources, such as reading logs
Freckle offers differentiated Primary maths practice that balances fun learning fun, while links to Star Maths and Focus Skills help to refine instruction and accelerate learning for all pupils. Star Reading and Accelerated Reader to offer a personalised literacy solution for all students.
- Aligned to English National Curriculum standards for Years 1-6
- Uses the power of Focus Skills to accelerate learning and close the gaps, building foundations for future learning
- Share classes with teaching assistants and other teachers and other teachers
The Back-to-School Cheat Sheet
Whether you’re brand-new to Accelerated Reader, or you just need a little refresher for the new term, Catherine is here to help!
Catherine is a teacher and School Improvement Leader at St Comgalls Primary School in County Antrim, Northern Ireland, which has been using AR for around eight years. In our blog, read her top tips, and watch her explain them in the following videos.
Please complete the form below to request more information about Accelerated Reader.
Book a free online demonstration of Accelerated Reader
Please use the form below to arrange an online demonstration of Accelerated Reader from a member of our team.
You will be introduced to the key features of Accelerated Reader, see how it works, and have the opportunity to discuss any questions you may have about the product. The demo will last approximately 30 minutes.
Find out more
Please use the form below to request more information, a personalised online demonstration or a quotation on any of our assessment and practice solutions from a member of our team.