Register your school for Bookbuzz and receive a set of free AR-quizzed books for your school!
By Chris Jarosh
Over 150,000 students will be taking part in Bookbuzz this year – will your school be next?
Bookbuzz gives students the chance to choose their own book, from a list of 17 titles suitable for 11 – 13 year olds. The books are carefully selected by a panel of children’s book experts, to ensure there is a book for every student to enjoy, whatever their interest or reading level. Register your school online today.
Many of the titles are already available to quiz with Accelerated Reader; the Bookbuzz page on our Books and Quizzes blog will be updated with details of the quizzes for this year’s list as more are made available.
There are just a few days left to take advantage of the Bookbuzz early bird offer – don’t miss out! Register for Bookbuzz by 5pm on Friday 5 June and pay by 30 June to receive an additional set of contemporary children’s books for your school, while stocks last.
For £2.50 per student (minimum registration of 35 students) you will receive:
- A book and a bookmark for each of your participating students to keep.
- Two collections of the books to use in your school library.
- A set of resources to support reading for pleasure.
- Access to a password protected area of the Bookbuzz website packed with films, resources and competitions.
Bookbuzz is a great way to:
- Respond to the Key Stage 3 curriculum to support reading for pleasure.
- Use your Pupil Premium allowance – to boost skills in reading, communication and literacy.
- Offer a high quality collection of books to your students.
- Encourage home-school engagement by giving books to students to keep and take home with them.
- Support a whole school reading culture across your school.
- Give your students the opportunity to self-select their own books to inspire further reading.
- Connect to your Accelerated Reader programme. Many of this year’s books will be available to use alongside AR.
Schools must register by Thursday 23 July. To register or find out more visit the Bookbuzz website now. If you have any questions about Bookbuzz please take a look at the FAQs on the Bookbuzz website, email us or call 020 7801 8807.
|2 June 2015 at 9:30 am