Expand horizons. Teach 21st-century skills
Renaissance myON News, powered by News-O-Matic, provides key stage 1-3 students with age-appropriate news articles 52 weeks per year. Articles are timely, interactive, clearly sourced, and cover a range of topics. Students learn about the world around them as they develop stronger digital and media literacy skills.
Engaging for every reader
- Five daily news articles: Monday-Friday, 52 weeks a year
- Three reading levels: engaging all learners, even struggling and reluctant readers
- Wide variety of high-interest topics: world news as well as arts and entertainment, sports, science and technology, animals, wacky news and kids in the news
- Multiple languages: available in English, Spanish and French
- Searchable archive: students and educators can search by keyword or category to find a previously published news article
Putting more fun into non-fiction
Each article incorporates engaging multimedia — videos, slideshows and photo galleries — to help students better understand the news. Accompanying maps show where news is occurring relative to the location of the reader.
Safe and unbiased
“Many people assume that because young people are fluent in social media, they are equally perceptive about what they find there.”
Prof. Sam Wineburg, Stamford University
In an era of “fake news,” it’s critical to provide students with authentic reporting written by professional journalists who model good use of sources. Plus, a child psychologist reviews every article to ensure events are portrayed appropriately for children.
Please complete the form below to request more information about Renaissance products.
Book a free online demonstration
Please use the form below to arrange an online demonstration of myON or any Renaissance product from a member of our team. The demonstration will last approximately 30 minutes, and there will be an opportunity to discuss any questions you may.
Tell me more about myON by Renaissance
For all things myON and myON News, simply complete this form and we’ll be in touch!