Importing student data to Renaissance Place and myON
This page gives step-by-step instructions on how to import student data into Renaissance Place and myON. This typically takes place in advance of the new school year and can be done at any time before the term begins.
Setting up the New School Year
Your Renaissance Place site (which hosts Accelerated Reader, Accelerated Maths and Star Assessments) must be prepared for the new school year with term dates.
Our team is on hand to help prepare your site on your behalf. Please complete this form with your 2021/22 term dates before the 30th July, and a member of our Customer Services team will prepare your site over the school holidays.
Please note you will still need to complete certain tasks in order to use your Renaissance Place site in the next school year. You do not need to wait for the old school year to end; you can simply choose to work in the new school year before you follow these steps.
If you need to set up your school year, you can find an FAQ here.
For myON by Renaissance customers, a simple update of your data and student Enroll is needed, back to school instructions are listed here.
If you have our Renaissance Data Integration process, you should only need to do two things:
- Pre-summer 2021: Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what the start date of your 21-22 academic year will be, so your data rollover can be set up.
- Post Summer 2021: Once your new year begins, assign products to your new classes by going from your homepage to; Courses and Classes > Click Assign Products next to the Course.
If you cannot see 21-22 data or if you require to edit any data that is restricted, please email email@example.com and one of our Data Specialists will be able to investigate that for you.
Transitioning from primary to secondary school
If your primary school feeds into a secondary school that uses Accelerated Reader, Accelerated Maths, or Star Assessments, you can export the data for your primary school leavers and send it to them to upload to their own RP site, giving them a picture of each child before they begin at secondary school. Find out how to do this in the document below.
Amending courses and classes
At the beginning of each new school year, your students will automatically be promoted to the next year group. However, you will need to assign students to their new classes, to do this you have 3 options:
- Import a CSV file containing the students updated class information.
- While working in the new school year, go home > courses and classes > click ‘Copy/Edit Classes and Marking Periods from the 2020-2021 School Year’ > select the third option > copy. Once copied you can make any required changes to your class names, the teachers assigned or the students assigned. Please see the following for further information: https://help.renlearn.co.uk/RP/Copying_Setup
Please note you will only be able to copy the classes from the previous school year once.
- Manually set up the classes by going to home > courses and classes > click on the existing course name or click Add Course > click Add Class > name the class > select the Primary Teacher from the dropdown menu > click add/remove students > search for the required students > tick the students > add > save.
Reports to save before your school year ends:
Not all Star Assessments report data is accessible on your Renaissance Place website from year to year. There are three reports that we strongly recommend you generate and save as a hard copy or PDF before the end of the current school year:
Student Progress Monitoring Report – This report contains intervention progress information – helpful for teachers who will be working with the same intervention students next year, or for sharing with those teachers who will be providing intervention to your current students next year.
Screening Report – This report cannot be generated for a previous school year. Therefore, we encourage teachers to save a copy at the end of the current school year for all screening periods, so you can continue to benefit from and compare data.
Set up the new school year
Please complete the form below with your 2018/19 dates and a member of our Customer Services team will prepare your RP site on your behalf.