Renaissance Learning provides cloud-based assessment, teaching and learning programmes to over 4,000 schools across the UK & Ireland.
Founded by Wisconsin couple Judi and Terry Paul in 1984, we have been established in the UK since 2000. We have a presence in over 40,000 schools in more than 60 countries worldwide.
“Our primary purpose is to accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.”
Our education principles
- We believe that education is a basic human right, and that, given the right approach, virtually everyone can be a successful learner.
- The initial step in accelerating learning is to measure its occurrence.
- The acceleration of human learning is an inherently social process requiring feedback information, positive alignment of human purposes, and challenge.
- Teachers are important and key to improving schools.
- The best way to free people to pursue their own purposes is to help them become literate.
- Reading is the foundation of academic skills and critical thinking.
- Extensive practice is necessary to develop the skills of reading, mathematics, and writing.
Renaissance Learning in the UK & Ireland
Over 1 million students in over 4,000 schools use our programmes.
Over 3 million computer-adaptive STAR tests were taken in the 2014/15 school year.
Students read and took AR quizzes on over 14 million books in the 2014/15 school year.
Customer service you can rely on
On average, we answer calls in 4 seconds or less, and online chats in 12 seconds or less
We answered more than 23,000 calls and 18,000 online chats in the 2014/15 school year.
0 calls or chats are answered by a machine. You’ll always speak to a member of our team.